Hey all, I’m glad you’re here! My name is Hardin and I’m writing this blog for several reasons. I enjoy writing, but rarely take the time to actually write anything, so this blog is a way to keep me accountable and writing. I also enjoy my religion (crazy right, I almost didn’t believe it myself) and I love writing about God, Christianity, Religion, and all that good stuff that tends to make strangers uncomfortable in casual conversation. This blog is hopefully going to be a place where I can share my thoughts, revelations, discoveries, and philosophy in a way where those who actually want to read it can find it and those who don’t can avoid this blog like the plague. I chose the name Benevolent Baptist primarily because I liked the way it sounds, but also because it will hopefully convey what I want this blog to come be about. It combines two words:
Benevolent: be·nev·o·lent (adj.) – well-meaning and kindly, serving a charitable rather than profit-making purpose.
Baptist: bap·tist (n.) – a member of the Protestant Christian denomination advocating Baptism of adult believers. A person who baptizes someone.
Name: Hardin Crowder
Occupation: Youth Minister
- Band: Grateful Dead or Cloud Cult
- Book: The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway or The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
- Bible Verse: Galatians 6:2
- Food: Thai Peanut Noodles or BBQ Ribs
- Drink: Green Tea or Apple Juice
- TV Show: Mystery Science Theatre 3000 or Community
- Movie: The Man of La Mancha or Ghostbusters
- Sports Team: New Orleans Saints or Chelsea FBC